What Are PDO Threads?
Polydioxanone (PDO) threads are a special medical-grade thread that is thinner than hair and made of protein. Research has confirmed that PDO relaxes tendons and muscles, whilst a foreign body reaction improves the blood flow to the area stimulating neocollagenesis (the production of new collagen in the skin).
How Long Does A PDO Thread Lift Last?
This can vary based on each patient. Terry will be able to discuss with you during your consultation.
Can PDO Threads Break?
PDO threads dissolve over time.
What Is The Aftercare For PDF Threads?
After treatment, patients may go back to everyday life. (i.e. driving, eating, walking, etc.) Swelling may be present after the procedure but the use of ice packs for 30 minutes for a few days will help to decrease this. Provided below are additional after care instructions that Terry provides to her patients.
- Avoid washing hair for the next 24-48 hours after the procedure.
- Avoid drinking or smoking for about 1-2 weeks to prevent possible infection.
- It is recommended to sleep in a proper position face up for the next 7 days to prevent maneuvering of threads and to purchase a beauty pillow.
- Avoid headstands, yoga, strenuous workouts, and exaggerated facial expressions for about 4 weeks.
- Face may be bound with bandages for 1-2 days after the procedure to help with swelling and stability if needed.
- Deep facial massages should be avoided for the next couple months, however laser treatments may be done after a week from the procedure.
For more information on treatment and the benefits call the office to schedule a consultation.
Please have call the office a CTC.