What Is Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 for the face is a revolutionary treatment that can help improve wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of aging with an FDA-cleared device. Morpheus8 uses microneedling technology and radiofrequency energy to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which can help improve skin tone and texture.
The Morpheus8 treatment for the face is a minimally-invasive treatment that can take place in a doctor’s office. The treatment is relatively quick, and no downtime is required afterward. Some patients may experience some redness and swelling immediately after the treatment, but this typically subsides within a few hours or days.
What Skin Concerns Can Morpheus8 Treat?
The Morpheus8 treatment is suitable for all skin tones and requires little or no downtime. Various skin concerns can be addressed with Morpheus8 treatments. When handled by an experienced individual, it can:
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of sagging skin by firming and tightening it
- Ensure smooth skin
- Ensure that pores do not appear large
- Relieve acne scarring and hyperpigmentation
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Remove a small amount of fat just beneath the skin (not enough to reduce facial volume significantly)
Morpheus8 works by creating microscopic channels, which allow the device to deliver radiofrequency energy to the deeper layers of the skin. This energy then helps to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, which are proteins that support smoother, firmer, and more youthful-looking skin.
There are also several places on the body that can benefit from the treatment, including the abdomen, buttocks, chest, arms, and knees, but it is widely used on the face and neck (particularly to treat jowls, to firm the jawline, and to enhance the area around the mouth).
What Happens During A Morhpeus8 Session?
Prior to treatment, numbing cream may be applied to the area to make it more comfortable.
On the treated area, 1-3 passes will be conducted with the Morpheus8 device. Using the special applicator with coated pins, fat and connective tissue will be gently warmed, resulting in tighter skin, reduced wrinkles, and overall rejuvenation.
Most people require three treatment sessions, spaced four to six weeks apart, to achieve optimal results. The entire treatment session will last for about 30 to 60 minutes. After the treatment, you may notice some redness and swelling in the treated area, but this is normal and should resolve within a few days.
Morpheus8 Recovery And Aftercare
Recovery from Morpheus8 is relatively easy, with only a few days of social downtime involved. For approximately one to three days following treatment, you may experience redness, itching, and swelling.
You can take care of your skin after a Morpheus8 treatment by:
- Turning over scabbing and crusting with exfoliating cleansers and enzymatic masks
- Staying away from anything that irritates your skin until it has healed
- Avoiding direct sun exposure and using sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30
- Utilizing products containing growth factors, peptides, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, and retinol to maintain your results after the initial healing process is complete