- Five days prior to the scheduled injections take 500 mg of Vitamin C three times a day as well as Arnica Montana. Arnica Montana is a homeopathic remedy which decreases the incidence of bruising. Dosage: Five pellets, three times a day. (Place pellets under your tongue to let them dissolve.) Tip: Arnica Montana can be purchased at Naturallyou, WholeFoods and CVS.
Ten days prior to treatment please STOP taking the following:
- All Vitamins
- Supplements including Ginko Biloba and Fish Oils
- Anti-inflammatories including Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin Aleve, or Aspirin (Tylenol is fine)
- Oral Steroids
- Two days prior to treatment please refrain from consuming alcoholic beverages as they increase the risk of bruising.
- After injection treatments, please wait two weeks before scheduling dental procedures.
While we take every precaution to prevent bruising, it is a risk with any injection procedure. Consider having concealing makeup on hand for cover-ups. Terry suggests the Dermablend line for effective coverage.
Please Note: Terry and her team cannot treat clients exhibiting rashes, hives, or other skin irritations. She also asks that patients who have symptoms of colds, sore throats or are taking antibiotics to reschedule their procedures.