BOTOX® COSMETIC & DYSPORT®
BOTOX® injections are the most popular cosmetic treatment in the world for a good reason. They work. This aesthetic injectable is a potent cosmetic wonder drug that can safely and effectively minimize crow’s feet, worry lines and other annoying lines and wrinkles that are often age and stress related.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate For BOTOX And Dysport?
How Safe Are BOTOX And Dysport Injections?
Botox Before & After Photos
BOTOX Vs. Dysport
What Are The Potential Side Effects For Dysport And BOTOX?
How Many Injections Of BOTOX And Dysport Will I Need?
Is BOTOX And Dysport Poisonous?
While it is true that botulinum toxin is known to cause botulism, both BOTOX and Dysport have been meticulously formulated to use the minimum amount of toxin to achieve optimal results. The amount of purified toxin in each treatment is so minute that patients rarely exhibit side effects beyond some swelling and redness.
Though rare, allergic-type responses are possible and require prompt medical attention. Patients should seek treatment if they experience any of the following after receiving BOTOX or Dysport:
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty speaking
- General, noticeable weakness
- Vision problems like double-vision
- Loss of bladder control
What Our Patients Have to Say
“Terry is an excellent injector who leaves me satisfied with my results EVERY time. She is very honest and will tell me if I don’t need any treatment at the time (vs. other doctors I’ve seen in the past who will take my money regardless). She spends about 45 minutes with me during every visit and NEVER rushes. She takes an enormous amount of pride in her work, which is why the results I achieve with her are amazing every time!”
5-Star review on HealthGrades.com
What To Expect From BOTOX & Dysport Treatments
BOTOX and Dysport treatments at Naturallyou typically take about 15 to 20 minutes and don’t require post-treatment downtime. Most clients return to the office or their day’s activities after injections, making them one of the most popular procedures offered at Naturallyou.
Terry Conrad, A.P.R.N. will carefully explain the procedure to patients, who will also have been given pre-treatment protocols before their appointments. Following these protocols helps patients cut down on potential side effects such as slight bruising or swelling.
On treatment day, Terry will thoroughly clean a patient’s face, making precise markings to show the specific injection locations. She then injects the medication using a small needle. Most patients experience a slight, quick stinging sensation. Post treatment, we recommend applying a cold compress to the treatment area to help reduce any soreness or residual swelling. Some patients experience minor redness or bruising, but these are easily concealed with makeup.
Terry Lynn Conrad, APRN
OWNER & MEDICAL AESTHETIC DIRECTOR
What Are The Benefits Of BOTOX & Dysport?
BOTOX and Dysport injections minimize the appearance of wrinkles that gradually emerge from years of squinting, smiling, frowning and all the emotions of a full, well-lived life. These are called “dynamic” wrinkles, as opposed to “static” wrinkles caused by sun exposure or the skin’s natural aging process.
BOTOX and Dysport are used to treat dynamic changes such as:
- Crow’s feet at corners of the eyes
- Vertical frown lines (sometimes called the “11s”)
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Dimpled or wrinkled chin
BOTOX and Dysport don’t produce immediate results. It usually takes 5 to 10 days to see the full effects of either treatment. Results are best maintained with a regular schedule of follow-up treatments to maintain your more youthful appearance.
Here are some things to remember when you come to visit us at Naturallyou for BOTOX treatments:
- Consider combining fillers with your BOTOX or Dysport injections for a nonsurgical “liquid lift.” Terry Conrad is known for her artful approach to facial rejuvenation using customized treatment plans to give faces a firmer, lifted look without surgery. She uses fillers such as JUVÉDERM® or Restylane® products to add immediate volume to smooth away wrinkles. When combined with products such as BOTOX or Dysport, the results can be transformative, taking years off the face.
- Consider making BOTOX part of your wrinkle prevention arsenal. Preventative BOTOX is a savvy youth-saving strategy now being used by men and women in their late 20s or early 30s to keep their skin smooth and wrinkle free longer. Starting a regimen of BOTOX injections early can prevent wrinkles from progressing and can be especially effective when combined with an excellent skincare regimen and healthy lifestyle.